When you’re blue, seeking entertainment/happiness/laughter is not easy—but once you do it, you feel so much better. And since I wasn’t reading much, when I felt like I needed a quick pick-me-up, I turned to these videos:
(P.S. It’s taken me a few days to put this post together just because I keep getting caught on Youtube tangents… Read on at your own risk.)
- Jimmy Fallon & Brad Pitt yodeling. You literally cannot help but be happy watching this.
- If for some crazy reason that doesn’t work, you can’t go wrong with any of these lip syncs:
- Paul Rudd breaking it down to “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
- Stephen Merchant and Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing classics like “Single Ladies and “Superbass”. If you need to smile FAST, just skip to about 8:15 in that video.
- John Krasinki’s hilarious rendition of “Proud Mary” and Anna Kendrick’s “Booty”
- If you work in an office or deal with conference calls on a regular basis, this video from Tripp and Tyler is absolutely hysterical.
- Sometimes you just want to give up. Stop whatever you’re doing, sit down right where you are and just cry. That’s exactly what this little girl did, and every time I see it, it makes me feel better. (Many thanks to my friend for sharing this with me!!)
- Dubsmash is one of my favorite apps. Seriously—go download it and experience the magic. Here’s my rendition of that last video…
- This one’s pretty good, too.
- I love yoga. It’s been a huge help to me. Yoga is about letting yourself feel emotions, and this angry yoga teacher sure let’s herself feel them.
- Pure ridiculousness. T-Swift-style.
- Who loves math class? Everyone. Especially these kids.
- If kids wrote marriage proposals…
Bonus: Here’s my “Cheer Me Up” playlist on Spotify. I started it recently, so I’ll continue adding to it as I discover more music that makes me smile.
Here’s to you and a great week!